Merit Lists Fall 2015
- BS (CS/SE/IT)
- M.Sc (CS)
- M.Phil (CS/RGIS)
Friday, 03 24th
Last update06:39:38 PM
Eligibility for Ph.D Computer Science
- MS/M.Phil/M.Sc. (Engg/Hons.) with Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Software Engineering/ Computer Engineering/ Information Systems/ Bioinformatics Degree or its equivalent in the relevant subject from a recognized University (at least 18 year of education) with minimum CGPA > 3.00/4.00 as per Higher Education Commission (HEC) rules
- 50 percent marks are mandatory for academic qualification otherwise candidate will not be able to appear in the written test
Programme of Studies
- Maximum permissible period for the completion of Ph.D. will be 5 years. The period shall be counted from the date of admission to the Ph.D. programme or conversion of MS/ M.Phil to Ph.D. programme (commencement of semester for 18 credit hours course work).
- The minimum period of completion of Ph.D. programme shall be 3 years (one year 18 credit hours course work for Ph.D., comprehensive examination, synopsis; two years research ). After 5 years, the scholar shall cease to be the student of the University and shall not generally be eligible for readmission.
- The PhD candidate has to take course work of 18 credit hours.
- Candidates from Scientific Research Organizations, after successful completion of course work, may carry out their experimental work in laboratories of their parent departments on the recommendations of the supervisor, approved by the DPC/ Faculty Council, at the time of approval of the synopsis.
- A Ph.D. student shall be required to pass a comprehensive examination (written) within one month after completing course work, and before undertaking the synopsis/research work.
- A Ph.D. student shall be required to submit synopsis within six month of completing course work and before commencing the research work.
- A Ph.D. student will give a seminar relevant to his/her field of research at his/her convenience within a year of submission of synopsis to the department for the approval of various statutory bodies such as DPCC/Advanced Studies & Research Board.