IntroductionLibrary PUCIT is the first ever Automated online Library in the public sector Universities. Faculty members and students can access the library resources from their home/work place. We also provide access to high quality, peer reviewed Journals more than 23000 by HEC Digital Library. This also includes full access to IEEE and ACM full text resources. We are committed to provide economical and efficient delivery of information to our users to impart quality education at PUCIT. Library PUCIT is enriched with the useful and related collection of over 24000 volumes comprising printed and electronic information sources. The library is managed by qualified and experienced staff, dedicated to provide high quality innovative services to its users .
List of Newspapers (Daily)
- The News
- Daily Times
- Pakistan Today
- Daily the Jang (Urdu)
- Daily Nawa-i-Waqat (Urdu)
- The Nation
List of Journals (Monthly)
- Technology Review
- Scientific American
- PUCIT Library will normally remain open daily from 08:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m. (Except Saturday, Sunday and Gazetted Holidays).
Timings for Circulation:
|Books circulation||08:30 a.m. to 05:30 p.m.|
|Circulation Break (for Prayer & Lunch)||01.00 p.m. to 02.00 p.m.|
|Prayer & lunch break on Friday||01:00 p.m. to 03:00 p.m.|
Issue of Books:Policy regarding the issuance of books is as under:
- A member(s) can borrow issue able material / book(s) from the library showing the College Identity Card. \
- Reference books, newspapers and periodicals can only be consulted in the library.
- If a book(s) borrowed from the library is urgently required in the library, the Librarian can call it back.
- Librarian may with hold or restrict the circulation of any book in the library for specific purposes.
- Books returned will not be issued/re-issued on the same date.
- A book(s) may be re-issued provided that any other member(s) does not require the same.
- A book(s) will not be re-issued or reserved on telephone or E-mail.
- A Student can borrow only 04 books for a period of 14 days.
- Rs. 10/- fine per day per volume will be charged after due date.
- Silence must be observed in the library
- All personal belongings will be deposited at the security room of the library.
- The library staff will not be responsible for the precious things kept in the handbags, Briefcases etc.
- A member(s) should not disturb arrangement of books in shelves.
- A member(s) should leave the book(s)/material consulted on the table/circulation counter.
- A member(s) shall not use telephone in the Library.
- Eating, sleeping, drinking, laughing, clapping, smoking, playing games or any destructive/nonsense activities are not allowed in the library.
- Mobile Phone, Walkman and other musical instruments are prohibited in the library.
- Books, Periodicals and Newspapers shall not be marked with ink or pencil.
- Tearing out of pages or damaging the library material in any way is strictly prohibited. Alleged to do so shall be heavily fined by the Librarian.
- Students are not allowed to visit the library with out PUCIT Identity Cards.
- Complains should be reported to the librarian.
- A member who infringes these rules shall be liable to forfeit use of his privilege of membership of the library use.
- All members will also be required to submit for inspection of any book or any object, which they are carrying while leaving the Library.
- All members must without fail intimate the Librarian of any change of their address.
- The librarian is authorized to withdraw library facilities of any member who is found misusing library material or facilities
- Members shall make their own arrangement for carrying book(s) etc. from and to the Library.
- AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PHYSICS TEACHERS (AAPT)
- AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY (ACS)
- AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS (AIP)
- AMERICAN MATHEMATICAL SOCIETY (AMS)
- AMERICAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY (APS)
- ASSOCIATION OF COMPUTING MACHINERY (ACM)
- ESDU - Engineering Solutions for Academia
- INSTITUTE OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS (IEEE)
- INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF THE ACOUSTICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA (JASA)
- NATURE PUBLISHING
- BEECH TREE PUBLISHING
- CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
- ELSEVIER (Science Direct)
- NRC RESEARCH PRESS JOURNALS ONLINE
- ROYAL SOCIETY - ROYAL SOCIETY JOURNALS ONLINE
- SCIENCE ONLINE
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS JOURNALS
- WILEY - BLACKWELL JOURNALS
SOCIAL SCIENCES & HUMANITIES
SCHOLARLY DATABASES FOR REFERENCE SEARCHING