Degree Objectives of BS Computer Science
The objectives of the BS Computer Science program are to
- build a strong foundation in theoretical concepts in computing and software engineering.
- provide a system-wide perspective of hardware and low-level software design and development.
- develop proficiency in designing and analyzing algorithms for building efficient solutions.
- nurture problem-solving skills, clarity of thought, and creativity.
- prepare students for rigours of graduate studies, as well as for careers in the industry.
- provide a balanced exposure to liberal arts.
- prepare students for effective oral and technical communication.
- foster a sense of professional and ethical responsibilities.